We aspire to render at least (50) hours of free legal services per year.
In fulfilling this responsibility, we:
(a) Provide legal services without fee or expectation of fee to:
(1) Persons of limited means, or
(2) Charitable, religious, civic, community, non-governmental and educational/academic organisations in matters which are designed primarily to address the needs of persons of limited means or address public policies; and
(b) Provide additional services through:
(1) Delivery of legal services at no fee or substantially reduced fee to individuals, groups or organisations seeking to secure or protect civil rights, civil liberties or public rights, or charitable, religious, civic, community, non-governmental and educational/academic organisations in matters in furtherance of their organisational purposes, where the payment of standard legal fees would significantly deplete the organisation’s economic resources or would be otherwise inappropriate;
(2) Delivery of legal services at a substantially reduced fee to persons of limited means; or
(3) Participation in activities for improving the law, the legal system or the legal profession, including legal advisory services.
In addition, we may voluntarily contribute financial support to organisations that provide legal services to the above-mentioned stakeholders, and/or provide trainings to NGOs and businesses on issues related to compliance with anti-money laundering and economic sanctions laws and regulations and the development of global and risk-based anti-money laundering compliance programs, and/or assist in developing trainings, enhancing and implementing enterprise-wide anti-money laundering training programs, including customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence, suspicious activity identification and reporting, and transaction reporting policies, procedures and internal controls.